I have long felt that Thanksgiving is one of the BEST holidays… I don’t find it to be over-commercialized like most other holidays, and instead of giving (and receiving) gifts, it is about taking stock what you have.
So here are some (macro) things that I am thankful for having:
– family and friends (I feel like this one is kind of a no-brainer but if I don’t mention it, you will all think I am a terribly mean monster).
– a great job that I LOVE going to (this is a BIG one for me after many years working in a job that I was coming to hate more and more with each year).
– the ability to go on adventures (and boy oh boy, are there ever some BIG ones coming up!).
– freedom to do what I want, how I want, when I want (ok, there are SOME restrictions on this, obviously, but for the most part, I really DO get to do what I want, how I want, and when I want!).
Now let’s get a bit more specific in my thanks:
– my studio (I LOVE that little space and all that I get to do in it!)
– a clean kitchen (nothing inspires me more to cook up a storm (and make a great big mess) like a nice clean kitchen!)
– my Dyson vacuum (seriously, it makes vacuuming fun and exciting – really!)
– when my children sleep in.
– the internet (perhaps this should have gone in the “macro thanks” section as it is so huge!)
– blustery rainy fall days (cause they help you to appreciate the lovely sunny days!)
– when my house is tidy for more than 1 hour.
Whatever you are thankful for this weekend, may you bask in its bliss!